LOOK FOR ALL BREAKING WRTT 2012 RESULTS HERE AT BOCABEACON.COM
2012 World’s Richest Tarpon Tournament
• Day one of the 2012 World's Richest Tarpon Tournament begins on Thursday May 17 with fishing beginning in the Pass at 3 p.m. Fishing will end at 7 p.m. No events are scheduled for Thursday night.
• Day two of the 2012 World’s Richest Tarpon Tournament begins on Friday, May 18 with captains and anglers taking to the Pass and beyond at 3 p.m. Fishing will end at 7 p.m.
• The WRTT awards ceremony will be held downtown at 8:30 p.m.
Gasparilla Island Kids Classic
• On Saturday, May 19, the 2012 Second Annual Gasparilla Island Kids Classic registration will take place between noon and 2 p.m. in front of Gasparilla Outfitters on Park Avenue. Most boats are leaving the Pink Elephant docks at approximately 3 p.m., boat check at 3 p.m. All observers must be at the Pink docks at 3 p.m. Boat check closes at 3:45 p.m.
• All boats will meet in front of the Port Boca Grande Lighthouse at 4 p.m.
• The Gasparilla Island Kids Classic teams will begin fishing at 4:30 p.m. in Boca Grande Pass and will finish at 7:30 p.m.
• The awards party will be held at 8:15 p.m. in downtown Boca Grande at the stage. Music will be provided by RPM and country singer Colton James.
2012 Ladies Day Tarpon Tournament
• The 2012 Ladies Day Tournament rules and regulations brunch will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Eagle Grille and Miller’s Dockside.
• Ladies Day Tournament fishing will begin in Boca Grande Pass at 3 p.m. Teams will assemble in the Pass, and the head judge will announce the beginning of the tournament which will be broadcast on VHS Channel 72. Release prizes will be announced on that channel as well, and additional prizes will be announced throughout the tournament.Tournament fishing ends at 7 p.m.
• The awards dinner will be held from 8 to 10:30 p.m. at South Beach Bar & Grille. Admission to the dinner is by wrist bracelet only. Music will be by the Boca Bande.
E-mail (required, but will not display)
Notify me of follow-up comments
Click for a larger view